Saturday, November 7, 2009

Noron 360 Makes Security on a PC as Simple as it is on a Mac

When I purchased my computer back in August, I decided to check the box next to "Include Norton 360 with my purchase." I did this because I had no prior plans for security. Little did I know that this would be the best security software I've ever used. Since I got my computer, I have only done one manual virus scan, and my computer hasn't been slowed down by any others. This is because Norton detects when you are not at your computer (or not pressing any keys or touching the mouse and begins what they call an Idle scan. This scan checks your entire system for viruses and spyware and immediately stops this scan when you touch the mouse or press a key. When you are considered idle again (after 10 minutes) the scan starts from where it left off and continues to scan your system. This is by far the best technique for virus scanning that I have ever come across. I no longer worry about performing virus or spyware scans or doing backups because it does that automatically as well (asuming you have a wifi-enabled external hard drive). Also, if you use Internet Explorer or Firefox, there are built in search tools that give you security information about a website before you click on it. The check in the picture indicates a secure website. Another thing it does is it detects when a website is asking for your credit card number, and so that the website cannot record keystrokes, it will automatically enter it for you.
Norton 360 is available for all versions of Windows and Mac (because, believe it or not, Macs get viruses). It can be found at norton360online.com

No comments:

Post a Comment