Monday, June 15, 2009

Apres un Reve

I performed today at 1:00. This performance taught me a lesson, that I will keep with me the rest of my life. ALWAYS ensure that your valves are oiled WELL, or you could be sorry in the middle of the song. This was the situation with my recent performance. I'd oiled, not an hour before my performance, however I guess I didn't do this well enough. When I was about twenty percent done with the song, my valves began to stick. I fiddled with the valves until they would come up, and finally, they did. It caused a minor set back in, the performance, however the show went on. I decided today that I dislike performing, but every performance is a learning experience, and quite necessary for every musician. Preparing a solo, not only disciplines one, but also helps in noticing small things, such as accents and small dynamics.


Apres un Reve by G. Faure







Charles Woodward, Tuba
Suzanne McBride, Piano

No comments:

Post a Comment