Sunday, June 21, 2009

Solstice Festivities in Fairbanks, Alaska Part 2: Solstice Festival

The solstice festival is held every year in Fairbanks, Alaska (and probably other places). It features many things such as foods, performances, artwork, and much more. There were many cotton candy stands, foreign food stands, and pizza stands. I even saw an extraordinarily over-priced southern food stand. I wouldn't pay seventeen dollars for a piece of fried chicken. Among the many art features at this event, one that really stood out was the chalk art. Two young ladies were given a picture and were re-creating that picture on the road. These two seemed to be fantastic artists. Their work looked really challenging (though, I'm not an artist, so I wouldn't know). Another thing that stood out was a car with a moose head sticking out of the top. It seemed to me to be quite colorful, and creative. There's not much left to say about the Solstice Festival in Fairbanks. It was a real treat to get to go, and I hope to go again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Charles, I've been enjoying your posts and especially the videos of your performances. I suspected that Kes was the cameraman, and he confirmed that in an email. I'm really looking forward to seeing him arrive here in Denver on Sunday morning for a couple of days. I almost feel I know you from his many reports of your adventures in Fairbanks. Congratulations on starting your blog with such a strong voice and varied content!
    Len Edgerly, Denver

    ReplyDelete