Monday, June 15, 2009

grammar: a thing of da past?

Do you know that when writing, you are supposed to use a comma after a prepositional phrase, but only if it's at the beginning of a sentence. Do you know that that is only true sometimes, depending on the person who wants you to write that prepositional phrase. Do you know what a prepositional phrase is? Rules like these, are driving more and more people away from those rules that make us sound more decent. Some people believe that you should only use a comma after two prepositional phrases. So why bother, if you are probably going to be wrong in the end anyway? Well, when I have to empty my bladder, I find a restroom. When I eat, I eat off of a plate. Not all beings do those things, however, those structured events are what set us apart from other species. I believe that, as humans, it is our duty to be as structured as possible. Those who don't even try to use correct grammar, might as well go and take a crap on the sidewalk or search for bugs on the person who sits in front of him/her in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment