Thursday, June 11, 2009

Welcome to Well-Rounded

Yesterday, I was asked exactly why I don't have a blog. To this I replied, "Why would I?" and we left it at that. At that point I began to ask myself what I would write about if I had a blog and what kind of audience would I like to appeal to. This past year, I took a course allowing me to study the fine art of creative writing. I will be taking another writing course in a few months, and I figure what better way to practice writing than to write a blog. This blog is entitled "Well Rounded" because it will follow my interests, which I must say, cover a broad range of topics. I probably will write quite a bit of things about my computer, and tutorials on exactly how to do things. I will also write quite a bit about music. Most of these things will be about the tuba, seeing how it is my instrument. I will also write about my life, which happens to be really interesting right now. I will write about poetry, because it is my second art. Finally, I will write about certain gadgets which I own or have used. With this in mind, I begin my first blog:

Hello, my name is Charles Woodward. I live in Aiken, South Carolina and am loving life right now mainly because I am in Alaska. I come up here every summer to attend a music academy known as the University of Alaska Fairbanks Summer Music Academy. At this academy I play tuba and euphonium. I have been playing tuba for about five years. I have been playing the euphonium for about seven months. I am currently typing on a piece of junk that I've fallen in love with, or rather the things it can do. My current operating system is Ubuntu 9.04. The gadgets that I may blog about are: Zune, Samsung Glyde, Canon Powershot A1000 IS, and more. I will probably do book reviews, and speak of what's happening in the world from the point of view of a highschooler. That's Right! I am currently a junior in high school. I may even share some of my poetry with you, which you may or may not enjoy. I must leave now, but don't forget to check back for something you may or may not find interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment